SERVES: 4 – 6 people | READY IN: 45 mins. | COOKING SURFACE: Flat Top Grill
Get into the Cinco de Mayo spirit with our favorite fajita recipe. Relish in a homemade juicy, grilled steak on a thick bed of peppers and onions served hot on a warm tortilla. We’ll leave the toppings up to you!
- 2 pounds flank, skirt, or flat iron steak
- 2 medium/large red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Chipotle seasoning
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded cheese
- Optional: Marinate steak overnight in refrigerator.
- Pre-heat your Flat Top Grill to medium-high heat, leaving one of the side burners on a lower heat.
- Sectioning off your grill and sauté onions and bell peppers with olive oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a smoky Chipotle seasoning. Stir constantly.
- Once softened, move vegetables to lower heat to keep warm.
- Drizzle olive oil and place steak(s) on grill top over medium-high heat.
- Flip and continue grilling until a desired color/temperature is reached.
- Take the steak off the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain and place on the lower heat burner.
- Warm tortillas on low heat.
- Serve on warm tortillas.
- Place vegetables first – then top with steak.
- Garnish with Pico de Gallo, cilantro, guacamole, avocado, and/or cheese as desired.
We encourage you to get creative with your recipes! Try swapping out the grilled steak for grilled chicken. Vegetarian fajita options can include: tofu, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
Tell us how your Sizzling Steak Fajitas turned out in the comment section below!