SERVES: 4 people | READY IN: 2 hours | COOKING SURFACE: Pro 60X Stove System + 10″ Dutch Oven
Make a fun weekend out of this one! Find your local apple orchard, grab the family, and get to pickin’. We recommend using Red Delicious or McIntosh apples for this tangy homemade applesauce recipe. P.S don’t forget to bring some sort of camera for all the fun fall shots!
- 6-8 medium-sized apples
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Peel/skin apples
- Chop apples into small 1/2 inch pieces
- Put chopped pieces into the Dutch Oven
- Add cinnamon (do this to taste, while the recipe may call for 1 tablespoon, feel free to add more)
- With a medium-sized spoon mix the chopped apples and cinnamon together
- Cover and cook on ‘Low/Med’ for 1.5 hours.
- Regularly stir and monitor until your slices have turned into traditional applesauce texture.
- Serve warm or chilled with a cinnamon stick or dash of cinnamon.
We encourage you to get creative with your recipes! Try using different apple types for a completely different flavor.
Tell us how your Homemade Apple Sauce turned out in the comment section below!