SERVES: 8 – 10 people | READY IN: 1 hour | COOKING SURFACE: 13″ Square Dutch Oven + Woodwind Pellet Grill
Make mom something special this Mother’s Day. Her taste buds will run wild when she takes a bite into your homemade Dutch Oven Breakfast Casserole. Better yet, bring her breakfast in bed. Don’t forget the hot coco or coffee!
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb pork sausage
- ½ lb ham, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large orange pepper, diced
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- Sour Cream
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your smoker to 350°F.
- While it’s preheating, whisk eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Once grill is preheated, brown sausage and cook onion in the dutch oven.
- Add hash browns, chopped peppers, and ham.
- Stir occasionally until peppers are tender and hash browns are crisp.
- Add a layer of shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over peppers and hash browns.
- Coat with cheese and cover dutch oven.
- Cook for 1 hour (or until eggs are firm and cheese begins to brown.)
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and top with sour cream, Pico de Gallo, or salsa as desired.
We encourage you to get creative with your recipes! Feel free to use a spicy sausage base, mushrooms, extra cheese, bread chunks, and more!
If you don’t already have a smoker, get one here! But until then: preheat your convectional oven to 350°F, prepare the casserole per the recipe above, and bake for 1 hour (or until eggs are firm and cheese begins to brown.)
Tell us how your Dutch Oven Breakfast Casserole turned out in the comment section below!