Go South of the border with Stacked Enchiladas cooked to perfection in the Dutch Oven. Check out this video and see how easy, flexible, and tasty enchiladas made in your Dutch Oven can be!
For more info about Gary House and to see all of his many recipes and styles visit Cooking-Outdoors.com.
|Dutch Oven Stacked Enchilada Recipe|
- 12 inch Camp Chef Dutch oven
- 2 – pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 – large onion chopped
- 1 – package yellow or white corn tortillas
- 2 – small cans diced chilies or 1 can whole chiles
- 1 – large can enchilada sauce
- 1 – 8 ounce can sliced olives
- 2 – packages of taco seasoning mix
- 4 – cups of shredded Mexican mix cheese
- Prepare 24 briquettes; place at least 18 briquettes under your 12-inch Dutch oven to prepare for browning.
- Place chopped onions in Dutch oven, stirring frequently, when they are half way to tender age add ground beef or turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add your taco seasoning mix and stir thoroughly.
- Remove meat and onions from Dutch oven to drain.
- Remove bottom briquettes until only eight remain then place 16 briquettes on top of your lid.
- Take one or two heaping scoop full’s one third of meat and spread on bottom of Dutch oven; keeping in mind that you will be making about three layers.
- Now spread one third of sliced olives, diced chilies, and enchilada sauce over the meat.
- Cover this with 3 – 4 corn tortillas and then cover your tortillas with one third of your cheese.
- Simply repeat this until all of your ingredients are in a Dutch oven.
- Cook the Dutch oven stacked enchiladas until done, approximately 30 minutes.