The Fourth of July is just around the corner and begs some All-American Barbecue. My absolute favorite meat is BBQ style ribs. This is a recipe that I will be cooking up this year and includes one of my favorite sauce recipes.
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 3 apples cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp butter
- Dash of nutmeg
- Combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, and dried red pepper and rub onto the ribs.
- Cook the ribs on a very low barbecue heat for an hour. Check for tenderness; they may need to cook for an additional 30-40 minutes depending on heat and how thick they are.
- Once you have started the ribs on the grill, place all of the barbecue sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Blend and cook over very low heat until the flavor is mellow and tasty.
- When ribs are about 10 minutes from being done, brush the sauce over the beef and increase the heat to allow the sauce to brown.